Ages 9 - 11
Take your snowboarding skills to the next level!
Refine important riding technique, learn new tricks and train in a fun and non-competitive environment in our Recreational Freeride Snowboard programs.
Our experienced and friendly coaches give athletes the tools to safely progress in the park while training in fun environment. Athletes will become well-rounded riders with an understanding of the terrain park and a love for freestyle.
Our Freeride GIRLS ONLY Recreational program welcomes young female riders into the exciting and expressive sport of freestyle snowboarding.
Girls in this program must be able to confidently ride Blue and Black terrain with a solid body position and proper turn shape. Our encouraging coaches will provide feedback and tools to help athletes properly hit jumps, ride boxes/rails, learn spins, grabs and other basic freestyle skills.
This program aligns with the Freestyle Canada curriculum and is designed to be fun and progressive in a non-competitive environment. Its development is in alignment with our competitive stream should any athletes decide to move in that direction.
Athletes in this program are in the “Active for Life” phase of their long-term athletic development.
- Can confidently snowboard from the top of the ’88 chair at WinSport completely unassisted
- Able to do carved turns
- Can ride switch on beginner terrain
- Completed WinSport Snow School Level 4 or equivalent
- Can link complete heel and toe side turns on green/blue terrain
- Has the stamina to snowboard for 3 hours
- Properly sized snowboard
- Properly fitting snowboard boots
- Appropriate outerwear and layers for all conditions
- Properly maintained equipment
- Comfortable riding switch
- Stacked body position while riding
- Develop confidence riding on varied terrain & features
- Two way 180's on flat terrain or Small jumps
- 360 on a small jump
- Boardslide on Small features
- Switch onto boxes
- Can do spins and butters on snow
- Stacked body position in halfpipe
- Appropriate line choice
- Can do basic grabs or 180's
- A valid season pass is required for these programs.
- Please note as a member of our club program you are eligible to purchase a youth season pass at the early bird rate upon registration.
- Proof of up-to-date athlete (NSO/PSO) membership through Freestyle Canada or Canada Snowboard is required to participate.
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Academy programs, camps, or sessions (the Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by the participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided.The Waivers can be viewed and completed here:
Fetching Booking Data...