WinSport in Canmore
THE KANANASKIS CONSERVATION PASS IS NOW IN EFFECT AT THE CANMORE NORDIC CENTRE
When visiting the BWTC and/or using the Fitness Facility, all patrons are require to purchase a Kananaskis Conservation Pass if parking a vehicle at the Canmore Nordic Centre.
The Kananaskis Conservation Pass is now available for purchase a daily or yearly pass to experience Kananaskis Country and the Bow Valley Corridor while supporting conservation efforts in the area.
For more information and/or to purchase your Kananaskis Conservation Pass click here
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test is required to use the BWTC Fitness Facility
To continue allowing our members, athletes and guests access to our facility, WinSport is implementing the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program.
All members, guests and athletes 12 years of age or older who enter the BWTC for the gym or an event will be required to provide the following information:
- Proof of Vaccination by QR Code (paper or digital)
- Proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of entering the facility (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed). [NOTE: Those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons must provide a negative test to ensure the safety of all participants and staff. WinSport does not require proof of medical exemption.]
- Face coverings and physical distancing of six feet (two metres) are required in all public areas, change rooms and washroom areas.
- Face coverings may be removed during physical activity and physical distancing is required while working out in the gym, except for members from the same household.
- WinSport is continuing regular cleaning and sanitizing of the gym and equipment.
- The ongoing operation of the BWTC relies on everyone’s cooperation and honest compliance with these requirements. Members are reminded that they are not to enter the facility if they are sick, have tested positive for COVID, or are otherwise required to isolate.
- Please be respectful to all WinSport staff, they are doing their part to keep people safe and the gym operating and there will be zero tolerance for disrespectful behaviour.
Please contact us at [email protected] or by calling 403-678-5759 if you have any questions.
Athlete Training Schedules
If you have concerns about training with a team and being in a crowded gym floor, you are welcome to click the link below and adjust your workout schedule accordingly.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Bill Warren Training Centre (BWTC) provides dry-land training and support services to Nordic athletes and the public. Owned and operated by WinSport, the BWTC is housed at the legendary Canmore Nordic Centre. The facility was the host site of the cross-country skiing and biathlon events at the 1988 Olympic Winter Games.
The BWTC features a world-class fitness centre, a unique treadmill for cross-country skiing athletes, a training camp on a glacier, and a perfect venue for weddings and events.
Visit us in Canmore today!