WinSport takes steps to implement privacy principles and satisfy requirements with respect to the handling of personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Scope and Application
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. This includes an individual's name, phone number, e-mail address, age, gender, financial information, etc., but does not include a person's business title or other business contact information that is collected, used or disclosed for the sole purpose of business communications.
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This includes:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, weight, height, shoe size, health related information, e-mail address, photograph and image;
- Product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to, or receive from, you;
- Credit and financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, credit card, direct deposit and banking information, and your billing and credit history with WinSport;
- Business relationship information, including information related to your agreements with WinSport, preferences, advisors and decision-makers;
- Customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feed-back, and information requested by or provided to you;
- Technical information related to your use of our website, including technical details relating to the user's computer or access device, location of access, and time and date of website access;
- Such other information as we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning. We may also collect information related to our media and public relations activities.
As a general rule, WinSport collects personal information directly from you. In most circumstances, we will seek your consent before collecting personal information about you from a third party.
From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties in our business and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us.
We may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements
Video Monitoring and Surveillance
In the course of conducting its business, WinSport may monitor the activities of individuals in respect of our operations and property, including through the use of video surveillance cameras, including trail cameras as well as thermal and sensor activated devices on our property. Where used, surveillance cameras and other security installations are installed to protect employees, guests and other third parties on the WinSport premises, and to protect against theft, vandalism and damage to goods and property. Surveillance recordings are routinely destroyed and are not shared with third parties unless an incident occurs that is suspected to be criminal in nature or involves a safety incident, violation of our rules or policies, or other incident, in which case they may be turned over to the police or other appropriate government agency or authority or the third parties involved in the incident.
Arena Recording and Broadcast
WinSport has entered into a relationship with a third-party regarding the use of video cameras and recording equipment and the online broadcast of activities in the “public areas” of our Arenas, namely the ice surface and viewing areas. These activities are intended for the enjoyment and education of the users of this third-party service, including the participants, fans and family members.
WinSport collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested (for example, we will use your personal information to establish your identity and location so that we can deliver and bill requested products and services, or deliver information relevant to a product or service you have purchased), and administer the delivery of products and services to you;
- To review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services and so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- To review the products and services that we obtain from you so that we may work with you and so that you may understand our requirements for such products and services;
- To comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
- To provide feedback to inquiries and complaints;
- To process, service, analyze and audit your relationship with us, including collecting any money you owe us;
- To provide promotional and informative information on products and services;
- To track and analyze your purchases, other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity and payment history for marketing analysis purposes or making promotional offers to you;
- To conduct surveys and analysis for research, statistical and product development purposes (information will be anonymized to the extent possible);
- To support promotions and contest administration;
- To verify your identity, and to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- To protect the security of WinSport's premises, and the safety of employees, guests, and other third parties at WinSport;
- To be able to provide medical aid, and contact you or another designated individual in the event of an emergency;
- To manage incident and accident investigations, including sharing witness statements and security video with parties involved in the incident/accident;
- To enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent. WinSport does not sell, lease or trade customer lists or other personal information to third parties.
WinSport does not sell, lease or trade customer lists or other personal information to third parties.
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, for example, to respond to an emergency that threatens life, health or safety, to collect a debt owed to WinSport or to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders.
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing and managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist or work with WinSport in the provision of services to you; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed or transferred to another party in the context of a change in ownership of or the grant of a security interest in, all or part of WinSport through, for example, an asset sale, or some other form of business combination or merger, provided that such party is bound by appropriate agreements or obligations. Personal information will be disclosed to such party only if necessary to evaluate and complete the business transaction and on the condition that, following the business transaction, disclosed personal information will be used only for the purposes for which it was initially collected by WinSport, unless you consent otherwise.
When using our Website (www.winsport.ca ), we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Website, the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Website you visit, the Website pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Website. This information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website’s functionality. This information is also used to understand user trends, demographics, interests and other consumer patterns as well as for creating targeted advertisements catered to specific customers and users.
The Website uses "cookies," a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Website user's computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website, to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Website, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Website experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website or engage in transactions through the Website.
Third Party Websites
WinSport seeks consent to when it collects, uses or discloses your personal information, except in specific circumstances where collection, use or disclosure without consent is permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (by way of an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Express consent may be given by an individual's authorized representative, such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney.
Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you accept products or services from WinSport, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the provision of such products or services to you, and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time. When you attend or engage in activities in the “public areas” at WinSport’s arenas and associated viewing areas, consent of video capture and broadcast referenced above under the heading “What Personal Information Do We Collect?” is implied and assumed.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may change or withdraw your consent regarding WinSport’s collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, subject to WinSport’s legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may limit our ability to provide products or services to you, and may diminish our ability to communicate with you regarding price discounts, contests, and other products or services that may be of value to you. All communications with respect to the withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
WinSport endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the type of personal information collected by WinSport. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
WinSport further endeavours to retain the personal information that we collect only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes, and to use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information.
Storage and Processing of Personal Information
Please note that WinSport uses third party cloud-based services to store some of the personal information that we collect. These third party cloud-based services may store such personal information in the following countries: Canada, United States of America, Germany, Austria. Where personal information is stored outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and may be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies. We use third party service providers to process personal information in the following countries: Canada, United States of America, Germany, Austria. Where personal information is processed outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction and may be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You can request access to personal information about you in a record that is in the custody, or under the control, of WinSport. If you want to review, verify, correct or update your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a reasonable fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
You may also request information about our use of your personal information and any disclosure of that information to persons outside of WinSport.
88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Phone: (403) 247-5448
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (403) 247-5604