Ages 6 - 8
Take your skiing or snowboarding skills to the next level!
Refine important riding technique, learn new tricks and train in a fun and non-competitive environment in our Recreational Freeride Ski & Snowboard programs.
Our experienced and friendly coaches give athletes the tools to safely progress in the park while training in fun environment. The athletes will become well-rounded riders with an understanding of the terrain park and a love for freestyle.
These programs cater to skiers & snowboarders ages 6-17 years old.
Our Freeride Roots recreational program takes young skiers to the next level by preparing them to shred harder terrain and try new features.
The goal of this program is to build well-rounded young skiers with a solid base of fundamental riding skills. Children will develop their skiing on more challenging terrain as they focus on developing skiiing technique, and learning other skills like switch skiing, jumps, boxes/rails, grabs and more.
- Can confidently ski from the top of the ’88 chair at WinSport completely unassisted
- Has successfully completed WinSport Snow School Level 4 or equivalent
- Is able to ski with parallel skis on most terrain
- Has the stamina to ski for 3 hours
- Properly sized twin-tip skis
- Properly fitting ski boots
- Appropriate outerwear and layers for all conditions
- Properly maintained equipment
- Ski poles
- Ride with a stacked body position
- Able to do carved turns
- Can ride switch
- Capable of riding blue/black runs
- Do two different kinds of grabs
- Comfortably hit Small-Medium sized jumps
- Two 180s on flat terrain or Small jumps.
- Sliding 360's on flat terrain
- Can hit a box (take off and land properly)
- Ready to try a Small ride-on rail
- Able to do a carved traverse or J-turn on steeper terrain
- A valid season pass is required for these programs.
- Please note as a member of our club program you are eligible to purchase a youth season pass at the early bird rate upon registration.
- Proof of up-to-date athlete (NSO/PSO) membership through Freestyle Canada or Canada Snowboard is required to participate.
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Academy programs, camps, or sessions (the Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by the participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided.The Waivers can be viewed and completed here:
Fetching Booking Data...