Ages 9 - 11
Take your skiing or snowboarding skills to the next level!
Refine important riding technique, learn new tricks and train in a fun and non-competitive environment in our Recreational Freeride Ski & Snowboard programs.
Our experienced and friendly coaches give athletes the tools to safely progress in the park while training in fun environment. Athletes will become well-rounded riders with an understanding of the terrain park and a love for freestyle.
These programs cater to skiers & snowboarders ages 6-17 years old.
Take your skiing skills to the next level!
Refine important riding technique, learn new tricks and train in a fun and non-competitive environment in our Recreational Freeride Ski programs.
Our experienced and friendly coaches give athletes the tools to safely progress in the park while training in fun environment. The athletes will become well-rounded riders with an understanding of the terrain park and a love for freestyle.
- Can confidently ski from the top of the ’88 chair at WinSport completely unassisted
- Able to do carved turns
- Can ride switch on beginner terrain
- Has successfully completed WinSport Snow School Level 4 or equivalent
- Is able to ski with parallel skis on most terrain
- Has the stamina to ski for 3 hours
- Properly sized twin-tip skis
- Properly fitting ski boots
- Appropriate outerwear and layers for all conditions
- Properly maintained equipment
- Ski poles
- Stacked body position while riding
- Develop technique and confidence riding through varied terrain & features
- Ski switch on beginner/intermediate terrain over both shoulders
- Proper body position through takeoff and landing
- Introduced to spinning in all directions and can perform a left and right 360 on a medium jump
- Can do 3 different grabs
- Can confidently take off a small jump switch
- Slide sideways on boxes left or right
- Introduced to spinning off rails
- Develop stronger fundamental skiing skills in the super pipe
- A valid season pass is required for these programs.
- Please note as a member of our club program you are eligible to purchase a youth season pass at the early bird rate upon registration.
- Proof of up-to-date athlete (NSO/PSO) membership through Freestyle Canada or Canada Snowboard is required to participate.
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Academy programs, camps, or sessions (the Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by the participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided.The Waivers can be viewed and completed here:
Fetching Booking Data...