Ages 12 - 17
Freestyle Competitive Program focus: Competition skiing and skill development
This program is for skiers ages 12 to 17, who are excellent freestyle skiers, who are interested in WinSports highest level of coaching and entering the Freestyle Alberta provincial competition stream. Coaching will build upon skills already held in the Halfpipe, West Line Park, and Progression Park, along with the Airbag and Trampoline. Skiers in this program will also be introduced to the XL Slopestyle course and the Halfpipe Airbag. The Mogul Development Course will rarely be used as part of this programs training; emphasis will be on halfpipe and slopestyle skill development.
Training sessions are 3-6 hours long and offer our most advanced coaching to promote athlete development. Participants in the Freestyle Competitive program are at the Train to Train level of Freestyle Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Develop model (LTAD)
- Saturdays 9:00am-3:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Duration: This program is offered in a 15 week format
- Competition: Athletes registered in this program are invited to join competitions optionally though we strongly encourage athletes at this level to compete. Competition Fees are not included in the program price
- Mountain Dates: There are 3 planned mountain dates (location TBD) for further training. Mountain day lift tickets are not included as part of this program fee.
- Terrain Exploration: Master your skill development in the Halfpipe, where you will learn line choice, how to air out of the pipe, and basic spins and grabs in the pipe. Explore the large features in the XL Slopestyle course under the guidance of our skilled freestyle coaches.
- Trampoline and Airbag: On the trampoline, hybrid airbag, and halfpipe airbag, you will safely gain improved air awareness, learn new spins, and learn safety and best practices for each of these facilities.
- Expanded coaching on jumps, boxes, and rails: You will learn to spin on and off rails and boxes, how to spin 540’s, switch 360’s and inverts at this level of our freestyle programs. Learn to ski from feature to feature with flow and purpose, creating a plan for approach, trick, landing, and the space between features.
- Safety Focus: Safety is paramount in freestyle skiing. You'll receive comprehensive instruction on proper progression, understanding terrain park etiquette, and personal well-being while having fun on the mountain.
Skiers should have the following skills, at minimum:
- Completed our Freestyle Advanced program, or equivalent.
- Be able to confidently ride all black level mountain trails, have good flow and control in carved turns, and be able to ski switch with parallel skis, looking over both shoulders.
- Confidently hit medium jumps, hit a small jump switch, spin a 180 in multiple directions, spin a 360 in at least one direction, and spin off rails and boxes.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
A Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement ("Waiver") must be completed prior to participation in WinSport’s Programs, Lessons, and Camps. If the applicable Waiver is not completed, participation in the WinSport Program and access to WinSport’s facilities will not be permitted, and a refund will be provided. The Waiver will be available for completion during the sales process, and a copy is available for preview below.
Each adult participant must complete their own Waiver
A Parent/guardian must complete the Waiver for their minor/child participant
PLEASE READ THE WAIVER CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights, including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident.
↓ Book below ↓
For the safety and enjoyment of all, Participants and users of WinSport’s facilities are required to follow the WinSport Code of Conduct
NO GUARANTEE OF CONDITIONS - We do not guarantee hill conditions, weather or other operating conditions including open terrain or lift operation.
NO FOOT TRAFFIC ALLOWED ON SKI HILL - For the safety of WinSport’s guests, there is no foot traffic allowed or on-hill viewing of winter lessons. Parents (including carpet-only ticket holders) are not allowed on snow without ski or snowboard equipment and a valid ticket/pass. Only persons with a valid ticket/pass who are skiing or snowboarding with appropriate equipment will be permitted on snow.
Skiers should have their own equipment, including twin tip skis with quality metal edges and properly operating brakes, properly fitted ski poles, and a CWSAA approved ski helmet.
A WinSport Advanced Access Winter Pass* is required – lift tickets are not included in the program fee. Based on the number of training sessions, we strongly recommend purchasing a WinSport Advanced Access Winter Pass.
A Provincial Athlete Freestyle Alberta membership ($190) is required. Get your membership here
* Early Bird pricing extension is available for athletes registered in a freestyle program, please call Guest Services to inquire and purchase.
- November 25
- March 23
- December 23rd to January 5th
- February 17th to 19th
Expected Training Schedule:
- Total practice sessions: 60hrs
- Total training hours: 225hrs
- On-snow training hours: 165hrs
- Mountain days: 3days
- Trampoline training hours: 30hrs
- Airbag training hours: 30hrs
New Online Store
Purchase your program in our new online store. (In-person purchases are not yet available). Please allow yourself time to become familiar with this new online process. You will need to create a new account and complete your waivers prior to finalizing your purchase.
|9:00 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
|Nov 25 - Mar 23
|$3,150.00 Book now