Ages 8 - 17
Freestyle Advanced program focus: Skill develop, focus on freestyle skills including skills development on new terrain such as on winter airbags, and trampolines. Introduction to optional competition.
This program is for young skiers ages 8 to 17, who are interested in elevating their freestyle skiing to the next level and thinking of entering a club competition, looking for a higher level of freestyle coaching, or both. This program will introduce medium jumps, rails, spinning 360’s, spinning off boxes, and training on our on-site trampolines and winter Hybrid Airbag. Coaching will build upon skills already held in the Halfpipe, West Line Park, Progression Park, and Mogul Development Course.
Training sessions are 3-5 hours long and offer advanced coaching to promote athlete development. Participants in the Freestyle Advanced program are at the Learn to Train level of Freestyle Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Develop model (LTAD), progressing their riding skills and/or interested in attending freestyle competition in the future.
- Sessions: Participants can join 1 of 3 training options depending on their schedule:
- Saturdays (1-day)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (2-day)
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (3-day)
- Choosing the right level: Groups will be arranged according to age and ability level. This will occur during the first weeks programs and throughout the season as needed
- Duration: This program is offered in a 15 week format
- Competition: Athletes registered in this program are invited to join Freestyle Alberta Clup competitions optionally. Competition Fees are not included in the program price
- Mountain Dates: The 3-day option includes 3 planned mountain dates (location TBD) for further training. Mountain day lift tickets are not included as part of this program fee.
- Skill Development: Development will continue in the Mogul Development Course, where you will learn about line choice and improve your skills including jumping. Continued development in the Halfpipe will also be taught, where you will learn line choice, how to air out of the pipe, and basic spins and grabs in the pipe.
- Expanded coaching on jumps, boxes, and rails: Learn to hit jumps and boxes switch, 360’s in multiple directions, new grabs, multiple approaches to rails and boxes, and learn to exit boxes switch at this level of our freestyle programs. Learn to ski from feature to feature with flow and purpose, creating a plan for each feature that you hit.
- Jump Techniques: Master jumps in the progression park and begin taking your tricks into the Westline terrain park.
- Trampoline and Airbag: Learn new skills, techniques and air awareness for practical use on-snow.
- Safety Focus: Safety is paramount in freestyle skiing. You'll receive comprehensive instruction on proper progression, understanding terrain park etiquette, and personal well-being while having fun on the mountain.
Skiers should have the following skills, at minimum:
- Completed our Freestyle Basics program, or equivalent.
- Be able to confidently ride all black level mountain trails, have good flow and control in carved turns, and be able to ski switch with parallel skis.
- Confidently hit small jumps and boxes and complete a 180 in multiple directions
TERMS OF CONTRACT
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
A Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement ("Waiver") must be completed prior to participation in WinSport’s Programs, Lessons, and Camps. If the applicable Waiver is not completed, participation in the WinSport Program and access to WinSport’s facilities will not be permitted, and a refund will be provided. The Waiver will be available for completion during the sales process, and a copy is available for preview below.
Each adult participant must complete their own Waiver
A Parent/guardian must complete the Waiver for their minor/child participant
PLEASE READ THE WAIVER CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights, including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident.
↓ Book below ↓
For the safety and enjoyment of all, Participants and users of WinSport’s facilities are required to follow the WinSport Code of Conduct
NO GUARANTEE OF CONDITIONS - We do not guarantee hill conditions, weather or other operating conditions including open terrain or lift operation.
NO FOOT TRAFFIC ALLOWED ON SKI HILL - For the safety of WinSport’s guests, there is no foot traffic allowed or on-hill viewing of winter lessons. Parents (including carpet-only ticket holders) are not allowed on snow without ski or snowboard equipment and a valid ticket/pass. Only persons with a valid ticket/pass who are skiing or snowboarding with appropriate equipment will be permitted on snow.
|1-Day Option||2-Day Option||3-Day Option|
1-Day (Saturdays) – Expected Training Schedule
2-day (Tuesdays and Thursdays) – Expected Training Schedule
3-day (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays) – Expected Training Schedule
Skiers should have their own equipment, including twin tip skis with quality metal edges and properly operating brakes, correctly fitted ski boots, properly fitted ski poles, and a CWSAA approved ski helmet.
A WinSport Advanced Access Winter Pass* is required – lift tickets are not included in the program fee. Based on the number of training sessions, we strongly recommend purchasing a WinSport Advanced Access Winter Pass.
A Club Athlete Freestyle Alberta membership ($130) is required. Get your membership here
* Early Bird pricing extension is available for athletes registered in a freestyle program, please call Guest Services to inquire and purchase.
Athletes registering in this program are strongly encouraged to attend our Trampoline add-on training on Wednesdays.
New Online Store
Purchase your program in our new online store. (In-person purchases are not yet available). Please allow yourself time to become familiar with this new online process. You will need to create a new account and complete your waivers prior to finalizing your purchase.