Ages 6 - 10
Fundamentals program focus: Having fun while learning fundamental all-mountain skills, freestyle skiing skills, and terrain park safety
Elevate your skiing experience and embark on a journey of excitement, skill development, and camaraderie with our Fundamentals program. This program is for young skiers ages 6 to 10, looking for coaching that will expand their level of skiing to include an expansion on all-mountain and freestyle fundamental skills, varied terrain, and an introduction to the Progression Park and Mogul Development Course.
These training sessions are 2 hours long and offer a structured approach to developing foundational skills for freestyle and all-mountain skiing. Participants in the Fundamentals program level are at the Active Start to the FUNdamentals level of Freestyle Canadas Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD).
- Sessions: Athletes can train once a week or more as needed! If you are looking to progress faster or train more frequently can register for as many sessions as you wish. Customize your schedule!
- Choosing the right level: Groups will be arranged according to age and ability level. This will occur during the first weeks of programs and throughout the season as needed.
- Duration: This program is offered in 7, 11, and 15-week formats.
- Fundamental Skills: Hone your all-round skiing skills, including your athletic skiing position, edge control and riding switch. These skills are the building blocks for all your future freestyle endeavors.
- Terrain Exploration: Discover new terrain with confidence. Gain the skills needed to approach boxes, jumps, rails, moguls and other features safely and effectively.
- Jump Techniques: Master the basics of jumps, including proper popping and takeoff, mid-air control, and safe landings.
- Introduction to Tricks: Athletes will learn the early basics of grabs, spins, spreads, and other beginner-level maneuvers under the guidance of our skilled coaches.
- Safety Focus: Safety is paramount in freestyle skiing. You'll receive comprehensive instruction on proper progression, understanding terrain park etiquette, and personal well-being while having fun on the mountain.
Skiers should have the following skills, at minimum:
- Completed our Intermediate 4 Snow School program, or equivalent, before enrolling in this program.
- Be able to confidently ride blue and easy black mountain trails.
- Confidently load and unload the chairlift completely unassisted.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
A Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement ("Waiver") must be completed prior to participation in WinSport’s Programs, Lessons, and Camps. If the applicable Waiver is not completed, participation in the WinSport Program and access to WinSport’s facilities will not be permitted, and a refund will be provided. The Waiver will be available for completion during the sales process, and a copy is available for preview below.
Each adult participant must complete their own Waiver
A Parent/guardian must complete the Waiver for their minor/child participant
PLEASE READ THE WAIVER CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights, including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident.
↓ Book below ↓
For the safety and enjoyment of all, Participants and users of WinSport’s facilities are required to follow the WinSport Code of Conduct
NO GUARANTEE OF CONDITIONS - We do not guarantee hill conditions, weather or other operating conditions including open terrain or lift operation.
NO FOOT TRAFFIC ALLOWED ON SKI HILL - For the safety of WinSport’s guests, there is no foot traffic allowed or on-hill viewing of winter lessons. Parents (including carpet-only ticket holders) are not allowed on snow without ski or snowboard equipment and a valid ticket/pass. Only persons with a valid ticket/pass who are skiing or snowboarding with appropriate equipment will be permitted on snow.
Skiers should have their own equipment, including twin tip skis with quality metal edges and properly operating brakes, correctly fitted ski boots, properly fitted ski poles, and a CWSAA approved ski helmet.
- WinSport’s Advanced Access Winter Pass is not required as part of this program.
A Club Athlete Freestyle Alberta membership ($130) is required. Get your membership here
* Early Bird pricing extension is available for athletes registered in a freestyle program, please call Guest Services to inquire and purchase.
- Tuesdays, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesdays, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Thursdays, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Fridays, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturdays, 9:00am to 11:00am or 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- 15-week program: November 25 to December 1
- 11-week program: January 6 to January 12
- 7-week program: February 3
- March 19 to March 23
- December 23 to January 5
- February 17 to 19
New Online Store
Purchase your program in our new online store. (In-person purchases are not yet available). Please allow yourself time to become familiar with this new online process. You will need to create a new account and complete your waivers prior to finalizing your purchase.
|Age||Available Days||Time||Dates||Starting From|
|6-10||SuMoTuWeThFrSa||9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m.||Start day varies per option||$425.00 Book Now|