WinSport prohibits the operation or use of aerial drones by the general public – including recreational users and hobbyists – to ensure the safety of guests, employees, and property. WinSport visitors can operate drones for commercial use if applicants meet all of WinSport’s requirements, as outlined below. Applicants must apply for a permit to fly a drone.
- Legitimate commercial purpose for use of the drone
- Pilot must have Special Flight Operations Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Proof of Workers Compensation Board (WCB) coverage
- Proof of general liability insurance ($5,000,000 minimum coverage as standard)
- WinSport may request photos and videos be made available to WinSport for internal or marketing purposes.
All drone permit applications are reviewed by WinSport. If approved, the applicant will receive a permit that must be readily available to show to WinSport and security staff upon request. The permit will only be usable during the dates and times indicated on the permit.
Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your skiing or snowboarding privileges, or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscation of any equipment. Violators will be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, physical or personal injuries, property damage, damage resulting in violations of privacy, regulatory fines and legal fees.