Whether you're a beginner or an avid skater, this open public skate session is for you!
Rentals unavailable at this time
10 Visit Passes
Public Skating Rules & Regulations
- Helmets are mandatory for all public skaters at all times. Hockey or All Sport helmets are accepted.
- No shoes permitted on the ice - only skates.
- Hockey sticks, pucks, playing hockey, playing high-speed games and figure skating are not permitted during public skating.
- No strollers, sleds or personal skate aids permitted on the ice.
- Public skaters must follow skate traffic at all times.
- No food or beverage is permitted on the ice.
- Public Skate Rules and Regulations are implemented to ensure the health and safety of all skaters. If you have any concerns regarding your safety or others' please notify Ice Patrol or WinSport staff.
Note for Performance Training Centre members: Those with valid WinSport Performance Training Centre membership may participate in public skating or shinny with no extra charge. For those planning to drop by for public skating, no advanced registration is required.
Public skating will take place on Wednesdays throughout the Summer at the WinSport Arenas (inside the Markin MacPhail Centre). Please see the schedule below. THE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
|Date & Time|
|August 30 3:15-4:15pm|
|Sept 1 4:15-5:15pm|
|Sept 2 2:45-3:45pm|
|Sept 3 5:45-6:45pm|
|Sept 4 CANCELLED|
|Sept 6 12-1pm|
|Sept 13 12-1pm|
|Sept 20 12-1pm|
|Sept 27 12-1pm|
|Oct 4 1-2pm|
|Oct 11 1:45-2:45pm|
|Oct 18 2-3pm|
|Oct 25 12:30-1:30pm|
|Nov 15 12-1pm|
|Nov 22 12-1pm|
|Nov 29 10:45-11:45am|
|Dec 6 12-1pm|
|Dec 13 12-1pm|
|Dec 20 12-1pm|