Please review the following rules and regulations regarding booking and using WinSport’s Markin MacPhail Centre, ice arenas, meeting and multipurpose rooms. Adhering to the Rules & Regulations is part of all rental contracts when booking facilities at the complex.
In order to operate the centre in a safe and efficient manner, expectations are that all users shall abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the facility and within 5 meters of any public entrance.
- Consumption of alcohol is permitted in licensed areas only.
- Children under the age of 14 are to be supervised at all times by a parent or a designated adult.
- minimum of 2 coaches or designated adults should be in the dressing rooms with individuals under the age of 18.
- WinSport has the discretionary right to refuse to rent ice.
- Locks for the dressing rooms can be signed out from the Security Kiosk at your own risk. People signing out locks assume responsibility for the return of the lock and the security of the dressing room.
- Teams or groups must supply their own First Aid Kits.
- Users must abide by their scheduled practice/game times. No players are allowed on the ice surface without their coaches being present and without the proper equipment.
- Sticks and pucks are to be used on the ice surface only. Persons hitting sticks or pucks against walls, etc. will have their equipment confiscated and will be required to clean the area or pay for damages and an administration fee of 18%.
- Dressing rooms are to be left in a neat and orderly manner and vacated within 30 minutes after rental time has ended. Any infraction of the rules will result in a minimum surcharge of $75.00 (there will be no warnings). Monies will need to be paid before Licensee’s next scheduled activity. Licensees’ scheduled time will be suspended if accounts are not up to date. The host team or name on the License is responsible for the visiting team’s:
- Excessive debris or garbage on floors, walls, benches, ceiling, etc.;
- Any evidence of use of tobacco products;
- Excess water on floors, walls, benches, ceiling, mirrors, etc;
- Damage, marks and spit on columns, doors, hardware, fixtures, walls, benches, etc; Urine or human waste on any property;
- Fighting, swearing, or inappropriate behaviour; and
- Shooting or playing with sticks, pucks and balls.
- No one is to be on the ice while the Ice Resurfacer is being operated, unless instructed by staff to assist. Wait until Ice Resurfacer gates are closed before going using the ice.
- Spectators found throwing debris onto the ice surface or using vulgar language will be immediately ejected from the facility.
- Please keep all fire exits, hydrants, doors or any other marked areas clear. Vehicles or bicycles blocking them will be towed or removed at the owner’s expense.
- Anyone activating the emergency sprinkler system without cause to do so will be required to pay for damages / lost revenue and may face criminal charges.
- WinSport is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- No outside food or beverages may be brought into the facility without prior written consent.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, heelies and pets are not permitted within the facility.
- Use of Canada Olympic Park and its facilities are at the user’s own risk.