Minimum age for volunteering is 12 years.
Please read the following information gearing volunteer opportunities. Together, we will make this a memorable event for the curlers and fans and the community.
Conditions of Volunteering:
As a thank you for your dedication and time to the event, you will receive:
- • Volunteers commit to a minimum of three shifts (shifts are a minimum of 4 hours)
- • Volunteers attend assigned orientation sessions (dates and times TBA)
- • Volunteers have working knowledge of the positions they select
*Please Note: to guarantee a seat in the arena to watch Curling, volunteers should purchase tickets or ticket packages
- • Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling volunteer jacket
- • Free access to all Curling draws (where seats are available)*
- • Invitation to a Volunteer Appreciation event
- • Access to the Volunteer Reception Area where refreshments are served
Volunteers will be expected to wear their volunteer jackets during each shift. For on-ice volunteers, black pants, black shoes, and black socks are mandatory for all games.
Black pants, dark jeans (in good repair) are acceptable for all other volunteers.
The Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling Local Host Committee appreciates your application. Depending on volunteer response, all applicants might not be required. The deadline for volunteer applications is February 20, 2018. Volunteers will be notified once their applications are approved.
Every effort will be made to match volunteers with their job choices. However, it is hoped that volunteers will be open to assisting in other areas. Volunteers may also be asked to assist in pre-event promotions.
If you have any specific questions about volunteer please reach out by email to Lindsay Makichuk by clicking here »