What you need to know to come to WinSport’s arenas, gyms, event space, and food & beverage facilities
At September 21, 2021
WinSport is working hard to keep our team members and guests safe while allowing participation in activities at our arenas, gyms, event spaces, and food & beverage facilities within the new Government of Alberta Restrictions Exemption Program. The details below do not apply to our winter operations. More information on our winter operations will be provided in the coming weeks. We require all users to be honest, cooperative, and respectful when entering and using our facilities.
WinSport has zero-tolerance for abuse of the exemption program, disregard for health and safety rules, and disrespect of our team members, and we will remove violators from our facilities and programs. We thank you in advance for doing your part to keep our facility safe and our operations going. We appreciate your patience as we all figure this out.
General requirements include (please see detailed requirements below):
- Proof of vaccination or proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of entering the facility, for everyone aged 12 or older; and
- Valid photo ID for those aged 16 and older
Face coverings are required for those aged two and up in our indoor areas as per the Provincial Order, with the exceptions listed below. We continue to clean and sanitize high touchpoint surfaces and recommend frequent handwashing and sanitization, as well as social distancing where possible.
Before coming to Canada Olympic Park, please see the detailed information below about our participation in the Alberta Government’s Restrictions Exemption Program and review the additional measures that we have put in place for access to:
- WinSport’s arena facility (including viewing areas)
- Performance Training Centre
- Bob Niven Training Centre
- Indoor dining facilities
- Frank King Day Lodge Trampoline Room
PROOF OF VACCINATION FOR AGED 12 AND OLDER
- Partial vaccination (one dose) accepted September 20 to October 24 if received at least 14 days before the time of entry.
- Full vaccination (2 doses) is required after October 24 and 1st dose must be received at least 14 days before the time of entry.
- Valid Government of Alberta QR Code (not yet available); or
- Photo or paper record of a valid immunization record showing the person’s name, type of vaccine, and date of administration in the following forms
- Alberta Health Services, MyHealth Records, pharmacy, First Nations, or physician immunization;
- Immunization record from another Canadian province or territory; or
- Canadian Armed Forces immunization record.
Note: Falsifying health records is an offense under the Health Information Act.
- ArriveCAN app; AND
- Valid international travel identity document
OR NEGATIVE PCR OR RAPID COVID-19 TEST
If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination, you must provide proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid COVID -19 test
- Test collection time must be within 72 hours of entering the facility
- Provide a current test upon each entry
- Test must be approved by Health Canada
- Tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not accepted
- You must bring in a written lab report that matches your name that clearly outlines the laboratory that completed the test, the type of test, time of sample collection, and clear indication of a negative result
- DO NOT bring in a rapid test kit
NOTE: Due to the negative test requirements, front-line staff may be required to call a supervisor to review the test. Please allow additional time to access the facility if you intend to rely on a negative test result.
Guests will not be granted access to WinSport’s facilities without proof of vaccination or negative test, along with a photo ID (if you are 16 years or older). There are NO exceptions.
You must show proof of a privately paid negative COVID test if you are not vaccinated for any reason. Given the number of people that interact within these facilities, the nature of the activities, and the risks associated with the Delta variant, all medical exemptions are being accommodated by the provision of a negative test by the individual. There is no need to show proof of medical exemption.
- Valid photo ID required for individuals 16 years of age and older. Accepted photo ID includes:
- Birth certificate issued by a government of a province of Canada and including the photograph of the holder;
- Citizenship card;
- Driver’s license issued by a government of a province of Canada and including the photograph of the holder;
- Government (Alberta or other) issued identification cards, including health care;
- Certificate of Indian Status;
- Métis Nation of Alberta Association citizenship and identification card;
- Inuit Status card;
- Passport attesting to citizenship or other national status, issued by a government of any jurisdiction and including a photograph of the holder;
- Permanent Resident Card.
- NOTE: For individuals aged 16 and 17 – a school photo ID card will be accepted.
- Youth aged 12-15 are not required to show photo ID at this time. We are requiring ID from those aged 16 and older to maintain the integrity of the program.
The Government’s Restrictions Exemption Program requires vaccinations that are approved by the World Health Organization. These are:
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) - 2 shots*
- Covishield (Oxford/AstraZeneca formulation) - 2 shots*
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty) - 2 shots*
- Moderna (SpikeVax) - 2 shots*
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) - 1 shot
- Sinopharm/Covilo - 2 doses*
- Sinovac CononaVac - 2 doses*
*Partial vaccination is accepted until October 24 if received at least 14 days before the time of entry
We require face coverings to be worn by all individuals aged 2 and up in all public areas in WinSport's facilities in accordance with the Provincial Order. This includes dressing rooms. Masks may only be removed when engaged in physical activity and when seated/standing at a table within a food & beverage outlet or while sitting in the stands when eating or drinking food purchased at the facility. Other exemptions may apply to a particular event, such as a wedding ceremony.
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test will be required to access the viewing (spectator) areas of the arenas as per the Restrictions Exemption Program. Masks are required in this area and no outside food or beverage is permitted.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
No outside food and beverage is permitted at this time (the exception is athletes/participants using water bottles, etc., during physical activity).
Food and beverage purchased onsite (vending machines, Garden Café & WinSport Hockey House) may only be consumed in the following locations:
- While seated or standing at a table provided for consumption
- While seated in the viewing stands
*Food and beverage cannot be consumed in hallways or concourse areas.
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test will not be required by WinSport to enter Group23 Sports Medicine. Please use the Group23 entrance at the far right (as indicated by signage) to access Group23. You cannot access Group23 through WinSport’s REP screening entrance.
PUMPKINS AFTER DARK EVENT
The outdoor event scheduled for WinSport’s Husky Gardens does not require the same restrictions as indoor events. Please see the Pumpkins After Dark website for more information regarding restrictions and requirements.