Ages 6 - 13 / Level Beginner
Discover a new passion for skiing in a fun and safe learning environment. Tailored to suit the learning style and abilities of each group, basic skills are learned and practiced through ski-related games in the beginner area.
These lessons are a onetime beginner lesson to introduce you to a new sport. Once you have completed a single discover lesson you should then explore our other lesson offerings (multi week program or privates). We recommend that you only book one discover lesson as it does not progress past introductory and beginner content.
This single 90-minute lesson includes hill access and rentals for the program time. If you wish to extend your rentals or hill access, this can be purchased separately through Guest Services at the end of your lesson.
Rentals are included in your program package. Please arrive a minimum of 45-60 min prior to your lesson time to complete the rental process. To save time at check in please complete the following two forms:
- No previous skiing experience required
- Able to be active on skis for 90 minutes
- Come to a stop using a snow plow (pizza shape)
- May progress to turning, as skill level allows
- Rentals: Snowboard, snowboarding boots, Helmet
- Hill access for your programming time.
Come wearing the following items for a successful lesson experience:
- Buff or face covering
- Base layers made of moisture-wicking fabric
- Winter jacket
- Waterproof snow pants
- Wool socks
- Neck warmer
- CWSAA approved Snow Sport Helmet (Included in rental)
- Ski boots (Included in rental)
- Skis and poles (Included in rental)
- Dress in layers so you can adjust your temperature for hill conditions and stay dry.
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Snow School Programs, Lessons, and Camps (the “Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by each participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided. The Waivers can be viewed and completed here
Fetching Booking Data...