Ages 12 - 17
Are you dreaming of hitting larger features, and stomping new tricks in a competitive training environment? Then our Freestyle Development Teams are the place for you!
We develop and refine skills in a progressive, fun and safe environment. Our programs include two mountain days, three competitions, and tons of on-snow training with a team of dedicated athletes.
Our competitive programs expose athletes to different training venues like the airbag, trampoline, and superpipe to build well-rounded freestyle riders. Our experienced and passionate coaches will take your riding to the next level!
Age exceptions can be made for athletes who are below the age of 12 and meet the skill requirements for this program.
Our Development Freestyle Ski teams introduce athletes to inter club competitions and a higher intensity training environment.
Athletes are expected to link maneuvers on every feature in the terrain park in a fluent run. They must be able to perform all skills learned in previous levels and require a strong base of fundamental skiing skills. Athletic awareness, mental focus and maturity are the primary focus in this program.
Athletes are in the “Train to Train”/ "Train to Compete" phase of their long-term athletic development.
Athletes must be able to prepare for competition and demonstrate a focused training mindset.
- Confidently ski all types of terrain in the mountains
- Comfortable skiing in the WinSport terrain park.
- Switch ski over both shoulders on Green and Blue terrain
- Ski an intermediate mogul run with basic tricks
- Can perform multiple different grabs
- Spin a 180 in different directions on medium jumps
- Spin a 360 on medium/large jumps
- Hit a large sized jump comfortably
- Hit medium sized rails comfortably
- Exit a rail riding switch
- Can ski comfortably in the superpipe and choose an appropriate line
- Can maintain a stacked body position
- Can do basic tricks and spins in different directions below the lip of the pipe
- Able to air out of the pipe
- Refining basic air awareness through bed tricks, spins and trick progressions, introduced to inverts
- Develop and refine advanced technical skiing on groomers and varied terrain
- Ski intermediate/advanced mogul run in competition
- Switch ski confidently on intermediate/advanced terrain over both shoulders demonstrating proper lead change and edge control
- Link combinations of forward and switch tricks spinning in all directions
- Can comfortably spin 360 all four ways
- Able to spin 540's in different directions
- Comfortably hit large jumps
- Begin learning inverted maneuvers on airbag
- Able to add different grabs into spins
- Spin on and off rails confidently in different directions
- Able to generate speed through edge & pressure control while choosing appropriate line
- Able to link combinations of forward and switch tricks spinning in all directions
- Demonstrate controlled air awareness and a strong base of fundamental acrobatic skills
- Perform a variety of inverted and off-axis tricks
- Three competitions
- Two mountain training days
- Properly sized twin-tip park skis
- Properly fitting ski boots appropriate for freestyle riding
- Appropriate outerwear and layers for all conditions
- Properly maintained equipment
- Ski poles
- A valid season pass is required for these programs.
- Please note as a member of our club program you are eligible to purchase a youth season pass at the early bird rate upon registration.
- Proof of up-to-date athlete (NSO/PSO) membership through Freestyle Canada is required to participate.
IMPORTANT – WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Academy programs, camps, or sessions (the Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by the participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided.The Waivers can be viewed and completed here:
Fetching Booking Data...