Ages 14 - 17
WinSport’s Athlete Development Program (Girls Only) is designed for any female athlete seeking a competitive edge. Our Strength and Conditioning team at WinSport's Performance Training Centre will educate all athletes in areas of efficient movement patterns, work capacity, strength, explosive speed, power, and agility to achieve sustainable peak performances. Using the WinSport Performance App, participants can track individual performance goals, access nutrition advice, and complete mental performance modules throughout the program to build the overall athlete.
Athletes will be taken through three defined training blocks during the 12-week program. Education on proper warm-up and cool down protocols, recovery techniques, and at-home supplementary programming will be provided.
General Prep Phase:
- Movement prep: Develop efficient movement patterns through corrective exercise, mobility, and stability for injury mitigation
- Work capacity: Build a solid foundation of aerobic and muscular endurance to improve overall resilience and recovery from high intensity training an competition
- Flexibility: Implement myofascial release, static stretching and dynamic flexibility targeting postural imbalances and asymmetries
- Energy systems: Aerobic power
Hypertrophy & Strength Phase:
- Hypertrophy: Develop muscle mass needed for greater overall tolerance to counter the rigors of in-season competition
- Strength: Enhance force production and its application through functional compound movements and progressive overload
- Energy systems: Lactate tolerance
Maximal Speed, Power, & Acceleration:
- Explosive strength & power: Develop power in multi-directional planes through sport-specific plyometric and resistance training
- Max speed: Progress efficient sprint mechanics and change of direction tactics through acceleration and deceleration training
- Energy systems: Anaerobic capacity
- Athletic clothing
- Indoor running/athletic shoes
- Water bottle, with name labelled
IMPORTANT - WAIVERS REQUIRED
Participation in WinSport’s Performance Training Centre programs, lessons or camps (the “Program”) is subject to completion of WinSport’s Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreements (the “Waivers”) by each participant or their parent/legal guardian prior to the first day of the Program. PLEASE READ THESE WAIVERS CAREFULLY! By signing, you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the Occupiers’ Liability Act or claim compensation following an accident. In the event the Waivers are not completed, participation in the Program shall not be permitted and a refund will be provided. The Waivers can be viewed and completed here
Fetching Booking Data...