This service is focused on developing overall athleticism as well as physical and mental preparation and sport-related skills. Options include Team Training, Individual Athlete and Small Group Training.
For information about Sport Training and to set up a consultation
- Customized approach to programming and services
- Programming to be built in conjunction with team’s Yearly Training Plan
- Driven by the Long Term Athlete Development framework
- Innovative, dynamic and highly trained team of Strength & Conditioning Coaches under the direction of our Athlete Development Specialist
- World class training environments both indoors and outdoors
Girls Only Athlete & Leadership (GOAL) Program
By age 14, girls are dropping out of sports at six times the rate of boys. Recognizing that Canada is home to some of the best elite female athletes in the world, the GOAL Program wants to celebrate girls staying in sport, cultivate interest in winter sport and develop opportunities for the young female athletes of tomorrow. In this 16 week program, girls will participate in a variety of sports including speed skating, skiing, snowboarding, biathlon, cross country skiing, ski jumping, luge, skeleton, and hockey, all of which are supported by weekly dryland training. A specific technical coach will be present at each session to coach the specifics on each sport. The girls will also have the rewarding experience of developing a relationship with a season-long mentor and coach who will inspire and encourage them. Mentorship has been regularly named one of the most valuable assets of this program. Studies have shown that a positive female role model can improve body image, self-esteem, and build confidence among girls. The GOAL Program aspires to keep girls happy, healthy, and active through sport and mentorship.
About The Coach
Lauren McGuire is a long track speed skater who has represented Canada at 6 World Cups since making her debut in 2013. She became part of the YES Program through the Canadian Sport Institute where she talks to children at schools about working towards their goals. This is her second year as a coach and mentor of the GOAL Program.
Confirmed schedule will be distributed at the start of the program. There may be some activities that will occur during PD days/long weekends.
- Date: November 14 – March 20
- Sundays 9:30am – 12:00pm (Sport specific session) &
Mondays 6:00pm – 7:30pm (Dryland training session)*
*subject to change based on availability
Registration is now closed for 2016/17
- Age: 9-16 (girls only!)
- Cost: $1200+GST
- Location: WinSport & Olympic Oval, Canmore Nordic Centre
- Holidays: December 20 – January 7th (Activities resume January 8th)