Academy Downhill Mountain Bike Team
|Sponsored by FOX, SPY, NORCO and Bow Cycle, the Downhill Mountain Bike B TEAM (the only organized year-round training program in the province) compete provincially and nationally and mainly on the BC CUP circuit. The B TEAM ensure that athletes accomplish fundamental skills and techniques required to continue to advance in their sport. These athletes are aiming towards being named to the Alberta Team and the Canadian National Team.
The Academy Performance Teams have priority access to all of our facilities and use them to maximize their experience and progression.
- Indoor trampoline centre with black bed, fly bed and foam pit.
- The Bob Niven Training Centre (BNTC).
- Includes a yearly training plan (Yearly Training Plan) created by the coach and reviewed by the Academy staff.
- WinSport supports its Academy coaches through numerous initiatives designed to creating some of the best coaches in the world. The National Coaching Institute (NCI) is one aspect of our coaching education programs provided.
- The coaches are all challenged and supported by an entire organization and a professional Academy staff.
- WinSport Academy programs are driven by the physical literacy principles provided by Dr. Stephen Norris (Chief Officer of Sport, WinSport)
- Is integrated with National Sport Organizations (NSO) and their long term athlete development plan which provides an elite athlete/coach pathway.
- Includes weekly acrobatic trampoline training.
- Includes dryland and athlete services provided by the Canadian Sport Institute (CSI)
- Provides up to date technical coaching and mentoring available year-round
- Provides the athlete with a comprehensive profile with multiple evaluations (non-camp based program only).
- Will provide all resources and services athletes and coaches need to run a world-class program.
- To compete at Provincial and Alberta Club/local, Canada/BC Cup and National events.
- To develop well-rounded athletes with fundamental acrobatic and technical skills according to the LTAD and the Canadian Sport for Life Model. We prepare athletes for the next step in their biking careers.
- To inspire athletes to value and respect sport, training, coaches and competition.
- To earn life skills through sport.
WinSport Academy Quick Links