CANADA OLYMPIC PARK SKI HILL
Alpine Ski and Snowboard Facilities:
- Discover Park: Beginner terrain for those new to skiing or snowboarding featuring 3 magic carpets
- Burton Progression Park: Development area for snowboarders with small obstacles and features
- Under Armour Super Halfpipe: Built to the same specifications as the halfpipe venue for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia
- Terrain Park: Slopestyle line with a variety of features including drops, jibs, boxes and rails
- Alpine Slalom Course: Built to meets FIS standards to host a women’s World Cup or men’s NorAm
- Freestyle Ski Venues: World-class moguls and aerials courses
Nordic Ski Facilities:
- Ski Jump Centre: Seven active ski jumps, ranging in height, flanked by the iconic 90-metre ski jump tower, one of the most recognizable structures in Calgary
- Cross-Country Ski Trails: More than two kilometres of trails for day or night skiing
- Biathlon Range: Practice range within the city limits, but without live ammo
The Frank King Day Lodge at the base of the ski hill is home to WinSport Guest Services, Rental & Tech Shop , Retail Store & Impact Lab, Food Court and eightyeight lounge, Ski Patrol (first aid) and WinSport administrative offices. The adjacent building is home to the WinSport Academy .
MARKIN MACPHAIL CENTRE
Located on the west side of Canada Olympic Park, the Markin MacPhail Centre features:
Also located in the Markin MacPhail Centre is the Garden Café, Breakaway Sports Repair, Meeting Rooms and Multi-Purpose Room available to book for special events and the Professional Tower - home to Hockey Canada, Alpine Canada, Canada Snowboard, Bobsleigh Skeleton Canada, Luge Canada, the National Sport School, Worley Parsons and WinSport’s executive offices.
- 4 Ice Surfaces/Arenas: 1 international-sized ice surface that can seat 3,000 fans and 3 National Hockey League sized rinks
- Performance Training Centre: world class facility for high performance athletes, public and teams - also features the PowerWatts Cycling Studio, called “The Chamber”, 250 metre indoor running track, Canadian Sport Institute sports science lab, and a future medical clinic
- Ice House: An indoor sliding track that allows Canadian bobsleigh, luge and skeleton athletes to train during the summer months
OLYMPIC SLIDING TRACK
Used by the world’s best athletes in bobsleigh, skeleton and luge, plus public bobsleigh rides in both summer and winter.
MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK
In the summer months Canada Olympic Park tranforms its ski hill into a mountain bike park featuring downhill trails, the East lands cross-country trails, Discover
Park for those new to riding on dirt and the Skills Park with pump
track, street style obstacles and dirt jumps.
ALSO LOCATED AT CANADA OLYMPIC PARK: